D. P. Singh Institute of Education has adopted ‘Zero Tolerance’ Policy regarding any incident or complaint of ragging in the institute or its hostel.
Any one or more of the following act, as per the UGC Regulations, is considered an act of ragging in the Institute:-
a) Any conduct by any student or students whether by words spoken or written or by an act which has the effect of teasing, treating or handling with rudeness a fresher or any other student.
b) Indulging in rowdy or indisciplined activities by any student or students which causes or is likely to cause annoyance, hardship, physical or psychological harm or to raise fear or apprehension thereof in any fresher or any other student.
c) Asking any student to do any act which such student will not in the ordinary course do and which has the effect of causing or generating a sense of shame, or torment or embarrassment so as to adversely affect the physique or psyche of such fresher or any other student.
d) Any act by a senior student that prevents, disrupts or disturbs the regular academic activity of any other student or a fresher.
e) Exploiting the services of a fresher or any other student for completing the academic tasks assigned to an individual or a group of students.
f) Any act of financial extortion or forceful expenditure burden put on a fresher or any other student by students
g) Any act of physical abuse including all variants of it: sexual abuse, homosexual assaults, stripping, forcing obscene and lewd acts, gestures, causing bodily harm or any other danger to health or person;
h) Any act or abuse by spoken words, emails, post, public insults which would also include deriving perverted pleasure, vicarious or sadistic thrill from actively or passively participating in the discomfiture to fresher or any other student.
i) Any act that affects the mental health and self-confidence of a fresher or any other student with or without an intent to derive a sadistic pleasure or showing off power, authority or superiority by a student over any fresher or any other student.
As per Hon’ble Supreme Court of India’s Order
“If any incident of ragging comes to the notice of the authority, the concerned student shall be given liberty to explain and if his/her explanation is not found satisfactory, the authority would expel him/her.”
1. Accordingly, ragging is illegal and completely prohibited and banned both inside and outside the Institute, hostel or campus.
2. If any student is caught or named by the victim student or his/her parents/guardians, an FIR will be lodged against the student (culprit).
3. Strict action leading to termination of admission and rustication from the institution would be taken against any ragging complaint and decision of the Management would be final & binding to the student(s).
4. Parent/Guardians are also advised to counsel their ward to neither engage in any sort of ragging activity nor incite any other student to do so.
The Members include:
1. Chairman of the Institute
2. Member of the Trust
4. Senior Faculty Member
At the time of admission, all students have to give an undertaking, countersigned by their guardian, regarding their ant-ragging commitments.